Create, edit and delete users
Creating a user via the UI
Users can be created interactively using the UI.
- Select Admin from the main menu
- Select Users from the Admin menu
- Click New User
Enter the user's information in the available fields
- First Name (required)
- Last Name (required)
- E-mail (required)
- Passport or ID Number
- Click the Groups edit area and a dropdown will appear with a list of available groups
- Check-mark or un-check the groups you wish to add or remove
- Click outside the area of the dropdown so that the dropdown closes
- Click Create to finish creating the user
If the user is intended for API usage, you can stop here. Otherwise, you will need to initiate a password reset so the user can log in.
- Click the pencil icon next to the user under the Actions column
- Click Reset Password under the user's information
- Click Reset in the confirmation dialogue to confirm the password reset
The password reset link will expire in 24 hours. If the new user has not reset their password by then, you will have to redo steps 9 through 11.